Crockpots are the best thing ever. One of the first recipes I tried to make is Crockpot BBQ Beer Chicken and it is still one of my go-to recipes.
It’s the perfect when buying chicken breast at Costco – it uses about half a pack.
We mostly use the BBQ chicken when making Poutine but I leave that for another post.
Crockpot BBQ Beer Chicken
- 3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 6 large)
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces of beer
- 32 ounces of barbecue sauce
- Season chicken with onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper. Add to crockpot, then add beer and 24 ounces of barbecue sauce.
- Cook on low for 8 hours, tossing once or twice if desired.
- After 8 hours, shred and add remaining barbecue sauce. Toss chicken to coat and let sit for 10-15 minutes before serving to absorb everything.
- Serve as desired.
I found this recipe on howsweeteats.com